What is the GNDR Global Summit?
Every 2 or 3 years GNDR members and partners gather to discuss future plans. The last one was in March 2013 in The Hague, Netherlands. Our 2016 Global Summit will bring together GNDR members, our Global Board, the Secretariat, as well as other partners to celebrate our new strategy, build relationships, share ideas, reach a mutual understanding of our future direction, and identify opportunities for collaboration that will improve local resilience.
What happened at the 2016 summit?
A detailed description of what happened, together with videos and a selection of photos is available in the "What happened at the Summit" page (see menu on the left hand side). In this page, you can access the outcomes and the report with the regional priorities and plans to implement the new strategy. The final report of the 2016 Global Summit is also available here:
Key highlights (for those in a hurry)
- Official presentation of the GNDR Strategy 2016-2020: Stronger Together [see below for PDF downloads]
- Speech by Ms Feng Min Kan, Head of UNISDR Asia Pacific Office
- Guided tour of the strategy
- Simulation/Role playing exercise
- Planting the seed of the Regional Priorities plans
- Video message to GNDR members from Robert Glasser, UN's Special Representative of the Secretary General for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Learning interactively about what resilience means for different people
- Sharing individual commitments for the new strategy.
Follow the link for information on the objectives, agenda, logistics, list of registered participants, modes of participation and pre-summit resources: Pre-Summit information.
- 2016 GNDR Global Summit Final Report: English1.68 MB | Español1004.94 KB| Français1.04 MB
- GNDR 2016-2020 strategy: ENGLISH2.94 MB | ESPAÑOL2.94 MB | FRANÇAIS2.94 MB
- Achievements and Challenges of members
- Achievements of members
- Speech from Ms Feng Min Kan: Challenges & Opportunities for Civil Society
- Speech from Mr Robert Glasser
- Interviews with participants
- Farah Kabir, ActionAid Bangladesh, Bangladesh
- Graciela Salaberri, Amigos del Viento, Uruguay
- Buh Gaston, GEADiRR, Cameroon
- Mihir Joshi, SEEDS, India
- NIMPANYA Enock, Coalition on Environment and Climate Change in Uganda, Uganda
- Ali Ardalan, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Kheswar Beeharry Panray,Environmental Protection and Conservation Organisation (EPCO), Mauritius
- Lorenzo Mota King, Servicio Social de Iglesias Domincanas, Dominican Republic