Workshop South America
- Participants: 25 participants representing different stakeholders, including GNDR members from the region , CBDRM partners, academic network, Regional Advisory Groups
- Organisers: GNDR's LAC Regional Office
- Date and location : 29th,30th November and 1st December in Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
25 participants including representatives from GNDR's regional members, Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) partners , Networking Plataforma Latinoamerica , RIADIS. At least one member per country participated in the regional workshop.
Following a process of consultation which ran in 2016, regional workshops were established to give our members the opportunity to express their views on effective collaboration at the regional level, particularly on how to increase our local members capacity in DRR policy making (SFDRR).
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
The workshop had the following objectives:
- Increase members' capacity in disaster relief and community support
- Presentation of GNDR's new regional governance and structure
- Enhance the advocacy capacity of GNDR's South American members in international DRR policy-making
- Share our members experience on CBDRR (Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction)
Cf agenda of the workshop