GNDR is governed by a Global Board that advises and supports the work of the Network. The Board is member-led and self-managed. It is formed by the following categories:
- Regional Representatives. 12 members, each one selected by members from their geographical constituencies.
- Independent Representatives. 2 members representing other constituencies
- Trustees. As an England & Wales registered charity, the Trustees are four respected, high profile individuals who ensure the Network actions and decisions stay within the limits required by the law and follow best practice and standards.
- Secretariat Director. The Executive Director sits on Board meetings, representing the Secretariat and is charged to deliver the decisions agreed by the Board.
Purpose of the Global Board
- To oversee the development and running of the Network in accordance with GNDR's goal and objectives;
- To use their collective expertise and experience to provide guidance on the overall work of the Network;
- To be open, accessible and accountable to the Network membership;
- To serve in an advocacy capacity within representative agencies and spheres of influence, advocating on behalf of GNDR's mission and aims.