GNDR is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of VFL Officer, based in New Delhi, India . The VFL Officer will support the implementation of the VFL 2019 methodology in 48 countries.
The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations (GNDR) was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is growing and currently has over 850 member organisations in over 140 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to extreme hazards, shocks and disturbances in a changing climate.
GNDR's “Stronger Together” strategy 2016-2020 has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national, national and international levels.
- Enhance the collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge
Main purpose of the role
The VFL Officer will support the implementation of the VFL 2019 methodology in 48 countries. Working with the Secretariat team, GNDR members, relevant board members, consultants and advisors, the VFL Officer role encompasses a range of tasks and responsibilities in what is a high-profile, innovative and ground-breaking programme that will require high-level engagement between civil society, local and national governments, UN agencies and donor institutions.
Position in Organisation
- Responsible to the VFL Coordinator in Delhi, India
- Part of the Secretariat team and active participant in cross-team working groups
- Works in close collaboration with Secretariat staff, Global Board, members, advisors and project partners
- Working in consultation with the VFL Methodology Advisory Group, a group comprised of interested academics, CSOs, donors and other actors.
Overall Scope of the Role
- Manage agreements with implementing partners
- Implementation of VFL methodology in 48 countries
- Global VFL campaign
- General project support
- Information management and reporting
- External relationships and representation
1. Manage agreements with implementing partners
- Support the development of agreements with implementing organisations in each country.
- Track milestones and ways of working outlined in agreements and monitor progress
- Collect key deliverables from partners as detailed in their agreements.
- Maintain relationships and alliances with peer organisations / networks and other actors (e.g. Local authorities; Academia; Media) to further support the implementation of VFL 2019.
2. Support implementation in 48 countries
- Liaise with NCOs on the development of workplans and budgets as detailed in the methodology guidelines.
- Assist with the development of training materials for NCOs
- Support the NCOs in the overall coordination and implementation of the VFL 2019 process and production of key deliverables, including:
- Support NCOs when needed with the survey implementation, analysis, feedback and dissemination.
- Develop templates for local action plans
- Assist the NCOs in convening key state and non-state stakeholders to discuss results, developing policy positions and preparing national reports.
- Support the VFL Coordinator in the production of a global findings report.
3. Global VFL campaign
- Support with the design of campaign materials and promotion of messages
- Promote implementing partners’ advocacy campaigns on social media
4. General project support
- Support with the preparation and dissemination of monthly activity updates and periodic progress reports for GNDR Secretariat, Board and donors.
- Assist with internal organisational learning and knowledge sharing activities.
- Participate in relevant internal cross-team working groups.
- Identify problems and solutions to achieve required outputs.
- Support the development of regular donor reports
5. Information management and reporting
- Work with GNDR’s external consultants to develop data visualisation platform for VFL findings.
- Support the dissemination and presentation of key results and findings to target audiences.
- In close collaboration with the VFL Coordinator and the Communications Team, support the dissemination of VFL- related results and recommendations to the Secretariat, Global Board, wider membership and external actors.
- Prepare timely briefing notes, progress updates, and periodic reports.
- Handle requests for VFL information, data and enquiries as appropriate.
- Write up case studies and video material.
6. Promotion and relationship building
- Support in the organising of international, regional and national events, seminars, workshops and conferences as appropriate
- Promote awareness and engagement with the VFL 2019 amongst GNDR members, civil society and relevant government actors in selected countries.
- In coordination with GNDR colleagues, develop and maintain strong working relationships with GNDR external stakeholders, including governments, UN agencies, development banks, media, institutional donors
A complete person specification including attributes and skills considered essential and/or desirable, with regard to qualifications, experience, skills, abilities and personal qualities, VFL Officer Job Description, including terms of employment.
Phone / Skype and/or face-to-face interviews will be arranged for short-listed candidates on a rolling basis. Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 14th of July.
[Please note that only applicants with the permission to work in India should apply, relocation will not be supported]
Please download the following for a list of specific duties and responsibilities, a detailed person specification of essential and desirable attributes/skills, as well as terms of employment:
- VFL Officer [ENGLISH]