Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR)
The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is growing and currently has approximately 850 member organisations in over 140 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to extreme hazards and a changing climate.
GNDR's Strategic Objectives
GNDR has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national, and international levels
- Enhance the collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge, information and practices
Purpose of the Secretariat
The GNDR Secretariat serves as a “support entity” to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional hubs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The GNDR Secretariat is legally constituted as UK charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate resources.
Main purpose of the role
The Network Development Coordinator is responsible for taking members through the registration process, supporting members with regular internal communications and being the primary point of contact in those regions where the GNDR Secretariat does not have a dedicated Regional Development Coordinator, i.e. Central Asia, North Africa & West Asia, North America and Europe.
Position in Organisation
- Responsible to the Network Development Manager
- Part of the Network Development Team, which includes the Network Development Manager, Regional Development Coordinators and Regional Assistants
- Close coordination with GNDR Secretariat Staff and liaison with the broader GNDR membership
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The remit of this post will cover the following core responsibilities:
- Supporting members through the registration process
- Managing GNDR’s CRM membership database on Salesforce
- Leading on internal communications to members, in newsletters and via GNDR’s online Community Platform
- Acting as the primary point of contact for members in regions with no permanent GNDR staff member, including the coordination of regional workshops
This is a hands-on job for a candidate comfortable working independently, with good knowledge of the regions managed and a methodical and engaging approach to communicating with members.
1. Supporting members through the registration process
- Approving applications for membership in the Salesforce system
- Responding to member enquiries about registration
- Conducting anti-terrorism checks as required by donors
- Providing updates to staff about registration targets
2. Managing GNDR’s CRM membership database on Salesforce
- Acting as the lead on Salesforce, understanding how best to maximise the Salesforce database to ensure effective and efficient communications, as well as maintaining an accurate record of communications with members
- Providing training to staff on the use of the database, including the creation of lists, sending mass communications and running engagement reports
- Acting as the primary Point of Contact for GNDR’s developer of Salesforce and the Community Platform
3. Leading on GNDR’s internal communications to members
- Coordinating GNDR’s quarterly newsletter, ensuring that content is engaging
- Proactively engaging with members on the Community Platform, ensuring that the Platform is well-used and content is being used
- Encouraging members to engage on the Community Platform and identifying opportunities for members to collaborate
- Monitoring and evaluation of engagement statistics on the Community Platform, newsletter and in other internal communications channels
- Coordinating the development of training materials for members
- Producing guidance and FAQs for members
- Coordinating translations of communications to members
4. Acting as the primary point of contact for members in Central Asia, North Africa & West Asia, North America and Europe
- Proactively seeking and identifying opportunities for engagement and collaboration in the above regions
- Engaging members from these regions in the Community Platform, including the management of the regional discussion groups for these regions
- Engaging with Regional Board Representatives from the regions
- Coordinating regional workshops via implementing partners, including setting the agenda, agreeing MOUs, supporting some workshops in person and reviewing workshop reports
- Encouraging member engagement in GNDR projects, including Views from the Frontline and Institutionalising CBDRM
- Identifying opportunities for engaging donors and other partners in these regions
A complete person specification including attributes and skills considered essential and/or desirable, with regard to qualifications, experience, skills, abilities and personal qualities, Network Development Coordinator, including terms of employment.
Only candidates who are currently eligible
to reside and work within the UK should apply.
Position will be held open until filled.
Please download the following for a list of specific duties and responsibilities, a detailed person specification of essential and desirable attributes/skills, as well as terms of employment:
- Network Development Coordinator615.9 KB (ENGLISH)