GNDR was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations, associations and individuals who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is vibrant and fast growing, presently consisting of 850 member organisations in over 140 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.
The network is supported by a small but effective secretariat team comprising of UK and regionally-based staff. The GNDR Secretariat serves as a “support entity” to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional hubs in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The Secretariat is legally constituted as a UK charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate resources.
As GNDR works grows in scale and impact, we are looking for a person with a natural ability to think, plan, prioritise and organise in a clear and structured way, flexibility and problem solving skills, capable of working in a flexible and dynamic environment, comfortable in cross-cultural communications, and strong presentation, communication and facilitation skills, with a willingness to learn and open to new ways of working. There is a unique opportunity to make a valued contribution to an innovative and rapidly growing civil society network. The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in the development and coordination of civil society networks and implementing capacity strengthening programmes.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to extreme hazards, shocks and disturbances in a changing climate.
GNDR's Strategic Objectives
GNDR's “Stronger Together” strategy 2016-2020 has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national, and international levels
- Enhance the collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge, information and practices
Purpose of the Secretariat
The GNDR Secretariat serves as a “support entity” to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The GNDR Secretariat is legally constituted as a UK charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate resources.
Position in organisation
- Responsible to the Programme Manager
- Part of the Secretariat team and active participant in cross-team working groups
- Works in close collaboration with GNDR Secretariat staff (particularly Finance / Grants staff), Global Board, membership, donors and partners
- Represents GNDR with donor organisations, partners and other fund managers
Overall scope of the role
- Funding Proposals/grant applications
- Pipeline coordination
- Donor liaison and relationship building
- Grant reporting
- Training and Capacity Development
Monday 18th November 2019, 5pm UK time.
Please download the following job description for a list of specific duties and responsibilities, a detailed person specification of essential and desirable attributes/skills, as well as terms of employment:
- Fundraising Coordinator (ENGLISH)