The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR) was established in 2007 as a voluntary network of civil society organisations who are committed to working together, and engaging with partners and other stakeholders, to increase community resilience and reduce disaster risk around the world. The network is growing and currently has approximately over 650 member organisations in over 120 countries across virtually every geographical region of the world.
A vibrant, active, collaborative civil society supporting people and their communities, particularly poor and vulnerable groups, to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters and adapt to extreme hazards, shocks and disturbances in a changing climate.
GNDR's Strategic Objectives
GNDR's “Stronger Together” strategy 2016-2020 has three mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Increase the impact of civil society in influencing policies and practices at local, national, and international levels
- Enhance the collaboration capabilities of civil society and cooperation with other stakeholders
- Strengthen the creation, analysis and sharing of knowledge, information and practices
Purpose of the Secretariat
The GNDR Secretariat serves as a “support entity” to the membership operating through a global hub in London and regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The GNDR Secretariat is legally constituted as a UK charity with the main responsibilities of facilitating the development, coordination and implementation of strategy, work plans and budgets, including supporting the mobilisation of adequate resources.
Position in Organisation
- Responsible to the VFL Project Co-ordinator, based in Delhi
- “Dotted line” to Financial and Management Accountant, as required
- Part of the Secretariat team and active participant in cross-team working
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The remit of this post will cover the following core responsibilities:
The purpose of the role is to provide finance-related support to the VFL Project team relating to the EU DEVCO grant. The specific focus is on the sub-grants made to participating partners, which form the major part of this project. The key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing partner financial reports submitted to GNDR for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensuring all items of expenditure are supported by expense receipts and other supporting documentation, in accordance with the requirements of the grant agreement.
- Liaising with UK finance to ensure that all information is filed in an orderly manner and easily available for review
- Acting as focal point for support during audits conducted by EU
For a list of specific duties and responsibilities, please download the role description below.
To apply for this position all applicants must send a covering letter and resume (CV) to عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته. with subject “Finance Internship – VFL Project”.
Closing date: 12 August 2019
Please download the following role description:
- Finance_Internship_Role_Description.pdf (ENGLISH)