- Stakeholder Forum: GNDR Executive Director, Bijay Kumar, spoke from the floor at the opening of the forum.
- NGO Prep Meeting: GNDR brought NGOs together to share opportunities for engagement and agree a mutual statement - Watch.
- GNDR Members Join Stakeholder Roundtables: Grace Molina (CDP, Philippines), joined the panel on Coherence of DRR and Climate Change Adaptation - Watch. On a separate panel Carlos Kaiser (ONG Inclusiva, Chile) pushed for multi-stakeholder approaches to DRR - Watch.
- Closing of Stakeholder Forum: GNDR Advocacy & Learning Coordinator, Valaria Drigo joined the panel alongside Mami Mizutori (UNDRR) to emphasise how stakeholder capacities can build resilience.
- Views from the Frontline Booth: We demonstrated our new, interactive data, and experienced the frontline in 360 degree virtual reality. Plus, Mami Mizutori gave us an exclusive interview.
- Side Event: Local chefs shared the perfect ingredients for sustainable and institutionalised CBDRM. Watch Sezin Tokar (USAID) summarise her support.
- High-Level Dialogue: Bijay Kumar advocated for governments and stakeholders to use methodologies that capture the perspectives of marginalised communities - Watch.
- Stakeholder Roundtable 3: GNDR Global Board Representative and panellist, Dr Emad Adly provided examples of coherence and inclusion of all stakeholders, and particularly communities, in DRR.
- Ignite Stage: We connected live to communities in the Philippines and Chile, enabling direct talks between Global Platform delegates and those at the frontline of disasters.
- Community Voices: We shared video messages from members and communities talking about how they have built local resilience - Watch.
- European Commission: Policy Officer, Jozias Blok visited our VFL booth and gave his support to the project in a short interview - Watch.
- NGOs Major Group Official Statement: GNDR Affiliate Member Sani Ayouba (JVE, Niger) highlighted the key demands from NGOs: Local participation, inclusion, local dis-aggregated data, coherence, and risk-informed development.
- Government dignitaries support GNDR: Mr Ricardo Toro (ONEMI, Chile) and Mr Magagi Laouan (Ministre de l'Action Humanitaire et de la Gestion des Risques de Catastrophe, Niger) provided exclusive interviews.
- Ignite Stage: GNDR joined Partners for Resilience and the Provincial Government of Cebu, Philippines, to discuss real examples of integrated risk management - Watch.
- Cities at the Forefront: GNDR Global Board Representative, Farah Kabir spoke as a panellist during a working session on building resilient cities. "When you fall from poor to ultra-poor, resilience is not about bouncing back to being poor, it is about building back better and out of poverty," she said.
The Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction is a biennial multi-stakeholder forum established by the UN General Assembly to review progress, share knowledge and discuss the latest developments and trends in reducing disaster risk.