12 July 2021
09:00 EST (GMT-4) | 13:00 GMT | 14:00 BST (GMT+1) | 16:00 EAT (GMT+3) | 18:30 IST (GMT+5:30)
English with French interpretation
This webinar will focus on SDG Goal 13, 16 and 17, and will seeking to highlight the correlation between the impact of climate change and how this has contributed towards growing incidences of conflict between and amongst communities.
The objectives of the event are to: highlight the impact of climate change in increasing cases of small scale conflict within the region; and to demonstrate best practice adaptation and the importance of involving local actors in all aspects of climate change adaptation and peace and conflict mitigation.
The structure of the webinar will be a panel session with each speakers presenting for five minutes each, followed by Q&A.
- Dr. Johanes A. Belle, University of the Free State - Disaster Management Training and Education Centre for Africa
- Grace Dorong, Root of Generations
- Hannah Ndungu, ADRA Africa
- Mohamed Ben Said, Ministère des Affaires Locales et de l'Environnement, Direction Générale de l'Environnement et Qualité de la Vie, Tunisia
- Hausner Wendo, World Vision International
- Dr. Emad Eadly, Arab Network for Environment and Development
- Bijay Kumar, GNDR