The main objective was to identify the next steps to be taken in the upcoming year, and finalise the selection of the representatives of South Asia Regional Steering Group (RSG) and National Focal Point/Teams (NFP/T). A full report can be download here.
Hosted by GNDR, the South Asia inception meeting hosted representatives from: ActionAid Bangladesh, Jago Nari, UDYAMA, CADME, Pattan Development Organisation, JAD Foundation, Sustainable Environment and Development Foundation, NSET, Practical Action, Huvadhoo Aid.
During their two days’ workshop, National Focal Points worked together to prioritise activities at national and regional level. Our Regional Development Coordinator, Mohammad Abdur Rouf, also updated participants on GNDR’s ongoing projects. The working session resumed with a draft of a work plan based on the prioritised activities.
Key decisions made
A number of key decisions have been made (see report on RSG below):
- Approval of the final Terms of Reference (ToRs) of the South Asia RSG
- GNDR’s regional representative Farah Kabir will serve as RSG Chair of the region and Sarwar Bari from Pattan Development Organisation was appointed Vice-Chair. The Regional Development Coordinator will be secretary of the RSG
- Decision making of the Regional Steering Group will be done on a “majority” voting basis
- A work plan will be prepared and agreed by National Focal Point/teams of the Regional Steering Group
- GNDR may or may not be able to provide financial contributions, but will provide technical support needed to raise funds locally.
For more information, contact the Regional Development Coordinator Abdur Rouf at عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.