Workshop Caribbean region
- Participants: 25 participants representing different stakeholders, including GNDR members from the region , CBDRM partners, academic network, Regional Advisory Groups
- Organisers: GNDR's LAC Regional Office - SSID
- Date and location : 13th, 14th and 15th December in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
25 participants including representatives from GNDR regional members, Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) partners , Networking Plataforma Latinoamerica , RIADIS. At least one members per country participated to the regional workshop.
Following a process of consultation which ran in 2016, regional workshops were established to give our members the opportunity to express their views on effective collaboration at the regional level, particularly on how to increase our local members capacity in DRR policy making (SFDRR).
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP
The workshop have the following objectives:
- Increase members capacity in disaster relief and community support
- Presentation of GNDR's new regional governance and structure
- Enhance the advocacy capacity of GNDR's Central american members in international DRR policy making
- Share our members experience on CBDRR (Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction)
Cf agenda of the workshop