Date: 22 September 2020
Time: 12:00 (UTC)
Where: Online webinar
- Ms. Aissatou DIOUF, Climate Action Network, West and Central Africa
- Mr. Seyni NAFO, Consultant and Policy Advisor on Climate Change
- Mr. Yaovi KOGBE (Joseph), Executive Director of the Climate & Development Network
- Mr. Kossivi ADESSOU, Regional Coordinator at GNDR
Moderator: Zenabou Zegda, Moderator
This webinar aims to examine the commonalities that exist between the post-2015 frameworks and show the need for actors to work together. These agreements, which are interlinked, are designed to coexist in order to ensure the resilience of people and the planet.
We will also discuss the value of involving local communities, and consider their needs and know-how for informing policies, especially in this period of Covid-19 and post-COVID-19.
Partner organisations, including the Climate & Development Network (C&DN) and Climate Action Network-West and Central Africa, will come together to speak with one voice on the urgency for action.
- To show the possibility of collaboration between actors from different sectors
- To encourage action to materialise the commitments made by the states and ensure the resilience of communities
- Encourage the development of local knowledge and the involvement of local communities in the implementation of policies, plans and projects