27 July 2021 at 11:00 BST (English language with French interpretation)
28 July 2021 at 17:00 BST (Spanish language)
These webinars aim to bring GNDR members together to collaboratively prepare for the COP26 event in Glasgow, Scotland that takes place later in the autumn.
Open exclusively for our members, the webinars will run on two consecutive days to allow speakers of different languages to participate: English and French speakers should attend on 27 July; Spanish speakers should attend on 28 July.
The purpose of these conference calls is to collect the views of members and prepare a common position regarding the Covid-19 pandemic and the prioritisation of key topics such as loss and damage.
We will also have three presenters who will guide conversations on several topics including:
- Loss and damage, and climate change: how are they related and why are they important to consider?
- The role of civil society organisations with regards to loss and damage at COP26
- The position of the negotiators on the topic
- What can civil society organisations do to change the current paradigm?
- Gender and climate change: how does climate change affect women and girls?
There will be breakout group work during the webinars where participants can share their views and thoughts. After the webinars we will prepare a paper that represents the views of different GNDR members.
- Bijay Kumar, GNDR
- Harjeet Singh, Climate Action Network (CAN)
- Sadie DeCoste, Loss and Damage Youth Coalition