Privacy notice for job applicants
Last updated on 1 March 2021.
The type of personal information we collect
GNDR collects and processes the following information on applicants for jobs and consultancy assignment including:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Copies of documentation proving your right to work or travel such as your passport or visa
- Contact details
Education and work history
- Employment history
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored. All job applicant personal data is processed on GNDR IT infrastructure and stored securely on servers hosted by Google which stores data in the USA.
GNDR keeps your personal information for 6 months after the closing date of the job advert applied for. After this we will delete all information relating to your application, unless you are appointed into a role when the personal information becomes part of your Human Resources record as an employee.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Right of access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to data portability: You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, GNDR normally has one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about how GNDR uses your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are unhappy with how GNDR used your data. The ICO address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Become a member
Get access to exclusive benefits when you join our diverse network of civil society organisations. Membership is free and open to all organisations that work in disaster risk reduction and resilience.JOIN GNDR